Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Procrastination and Consternation

Once summer started I pretty much ignored the blog, among other things which include, but are definitely not limited to: summer school, social contact, and the length of grass in my front lawn (well I tried to ignore that, but the home owners association wouldn't hear of it).

But all my procrastination, as it always does, has bitten me right in the butt. I find myself down to 2 weeks until departure with 3 unfinished summer school courses, not enough time to spend with my friends, and only 1 strike left with HOA before we get fined 50 bucks for unchecked grass growth, which as far as I'm concerned is a gross exaggeration. I'm afraid the HOA has turned to the dark side, and no they do not have cookies, well, at least none that don't have a fine attached.

The only good thing about procrastination is that there is always a last minuet. I've been lucky enough not just to have a minuet, but to have 2 whole weeks to read Huckleberry Finn and spend time with my family and friends. The lawn however will have to wait, not because I'm protesting the Home owners association (I wish), but because the lawn mower, after months of plowing on through it's old age has finally passed on to the firmament of machinery and the edger, even though he's pretty young, isn't looking too healthy either.


No comments: