Monday, October 19, 2009

So long summer


I put off this goodbye as long as I could, but I can't wait any longer. The weather won't allow it.


It's down to like 30 degrees Fahrenheit here and let me tell you, I am freezing, FREEZING.


I took the flip flops out one last time last week, even though it was rainy. Everyone looked at me like I was clinically insane, but they just don't understand. I'm from Arizona, land of the seriously weather confused. In winter we have girls in short shorts and boots and others in pants and flip flops, hence my little condition. I would have kept rocking my open toed shoes because they happen to be my favorite, but being from Arizona gave me more than just a severe case of cluelessness about winter wear, it also made me a wimp for anything cold. Which means now every time I walk outside I am bundled up in jackets, scarfs, gloves, and boots even.


And before you comment, I know it's going to get colder, but I'm putting that to the back of mind. If there's one thing I'm good at it's denial. How else could I be such a pro procrastinator?


So anyways, goodbye summer. I'll miss your warm sunny days, filled with flip flops, short sleeves, and swim suits. *sigh*


I guess now I should welcome winter. But you know, I've got that whole denial thing going and really I've got a month or two before I have to face the music.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Hailey, be thankful for the coldness. Having 90-plus weather at the end of OCTOBER is seriously wrong!!

But we did go camping last week up north of Payson and it got down in the 30's. I was dying. I was loving the cold, but hating it, too. That's what us Arizonians have to deal with. We're weather whimps!!

Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Kevin said...

Hey there kid! You and I can share the misery of winter shock together! I grew up in it, so I guess I have an advantage. The more you get out and play in it, the better it gets! You better give snowboarding a try while you are there or else I will shun you. Seriously, complete and total shunnage! I hope you're having fun and diving into as many new experiences as possible. Enjoy the snow dude!

Mr. O

Riley said...

Hey Hailey,
That's crazy how cold it is there! Well even though it's like that I hope you are having a good time. Right now, it's ok here, it's not cold, but it's not hot. Guess what! I'm doing a project at school on Switzerland and I was wondering if you could give me some tips! If you can give me your email address we can email eachother! Thanks! Miss you lots!!!

Love,
Riley