Thursday, November 26, 2009

Manchmal Danke ist besser

A few hours ago I wrote something I planned on posting, but after reading through it I found that it was much too depressing. That one was for my eyes and my parents ears.

Instead seeing as it is Thanksgiving even without the turkey or the pie I decided a "thankful" post would do me a lot better than a venting post. So here it goes.

I'm thankful for parents who loved me enough to let me leave.

For friends who love me so much that I feel undeserving.

For a family who took me in despite the fact that their blood doesn't run through my veins.

For the people who worked so hard to get me here.

For a God who knows me in every way and knows what I need to go through in order to reach my full potential.

For a country that has become home.

For the kids who know what's it's like to live this adventure.

For Comfort in the strife.

For Swiss Chocolate.

For words.
For Family.
For Life.


6 comments:

Jody said...

Man, Switserland looks so beautiful. Wish I could be there with you! -meagan

Jen said...

What a wonderful post. I hope you get through the season... we love you and you are on our thankful list. wish I could give you a hug!!!

Merri said...

I'm so proud of you Hailey!

Cathy said...

You have become such a beautiful young woman. Just in your words, I can tell how much you have grown! WE love you and think of you often.

Pretty Organizer said...

Haily, clearly you have your head sitting squarely on your shoulders because right after being thankful for your parents you did not fail to mention your gratitude for Swiss Chocolate. It's like I always say, "If you can't have your family with you, are missing them terribly and it's bitter cold outside... bathe yourself in chocolate. Never underestimate the power of the bean:)"

Miss seeing you but love hearing about the adventures. Your mom's holding things together in remarkable ways. She's a trooper and misses you too.... you might send some swiss chocolate her way:)

Love you!
Stacey

April said...

Oh Hailey, this was beautiful.

As for the picture on your banner...could you be anymore gorgeous? No you could not.