Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of Part 1

Yesterday I started packing to move to my next host family and then I cried instead of sleeping.

I've lived with this family for five months and I've become attached. Really attached. And now that my times up, I'm finding it difficult to release my grip. Because, well, I love them. Simple as that.

They took me in, accepted me as there own. They were always patient and understanding. They took the time to teach me and spoke with me despite the fact that it was hard and I barely understood anything. They stood by me when I had to meet new people or enter any situation I was unsure about. They laughed and joked with me. They asked me about my day and listened to the answer. They made me feel at home and like a real part of the family.

And now they're leaving me with another family after brunch on Saterday morning. The thought of them walking out the door and me not going with horrifies me. I'm trying not to think about it, but I'm running out of time. I have today, and tomorrow and that's it. The first part of my exchange has come to an end.

I mean, Imagine if your parents one day told you that your time was up and they had chosen a new home for you to go to. That you would only get to see them for the casual dinner every once in a while and when they dropped off your mail.

But. I know the next family is also very nice and I'm sure I'll love them just as much. I'm just not excited to start over. Everything is already perfect as it is.

I'm praying for an open mind and an open heart.

Ugh. I'm tired of goodbyes.

2 comments:

Jen said...

How about that I am crying for/with you. It is so hard and I think you are doing great. You will have a great time, you are a person who always does. Good luck, get lost of tissues for Sat. and know you are in our prayers, always.

Julz said...

Oh Hailey that does sound awful, it reminds me of when YW leaders get released, its really not the end of the world but it still feels like someone died!! You are amazing and all of these experiences will just make you more so! Love You!!