Friday, January 22, 2010

Doing Drugs and Hitting a Car. Two Totally Unrelated Incidents

Did I alarm you with my title?


No worries I still believe drug free is the way to be. One of my teachers however, only came to that realization after a little taste. In my class we were split up into small discussion groups over various topics, my groups topic was Barack Obama. I was worried about this. I thought I was in for a fight because in Europe everyone's a democrat.


I was wrong though, I was so focused on democratic Europe that I forgot I was dealing with neutral Switzerland. What we had was pretty much the oppisite of a fight. They didn't have anything to counter what I said. All these kids seemed to care about was the Obama was black and that he did drugs in college. Which brings me to my teacher. He came over to see how we were doing and one of the boys asked him about Obama's drug history. My teacher decided to reply by telling us that he himself had done drugs once. That there had been pot in some cake he ate, but that he didn't like it. He said it messed him up for days.

I was shocked. I could not believe my teacher was telling me he did drugs! I started laughing hysterically, but no one else thought it was as funny as I did.


Now the hitting the car part. I was riding my bike to school as always, listening to a podcast about bees disapearing, and not really paying attention. I went through the circle, round-about I think we call it in English? I'm not sure, but I'm assuming you know what I mean. Anyway, I rode through the circle preparing to go to the side when the car in front of me stopped abruptly to let people cross the road.


For all the reasons above and the fact that my brakes don't work as well when it's cold I slammed into the back of the car. I'm not even sure if the driver noticed, I was like a bug on a windsheild, but I felt so stupid. It's makes me laugh when I think about it. I wasn't injured or anything, just my pride, because of course just like me, I let out some awkward shreik and barely managed to keep from falling over. Then I did that look around that everyone does after they've done something embarrasing, to see who saw, but I think I was safe.


This post was a bit random, but a post it was, so I consider that fullfilling my New Years Resolution!

4 comments:

Merri said...

love it! And you!

Julz said...

Dang, I wish I could have seen that!

Leah said...

Hahaha! You would do that. For pure entertainment reasons i think we should ride bikes everywhere when you come home, it sounds fun and cars are seriously overated.

stacy said...

hahahaha! i love you!