Saturday, May 29, 2010

Looming goodbyes

Time really does fly when your having fun.

41 days an counting until I am once again sweating in the heat of the Gilbert, Arizona sun. And man, if I thought my emotions were rollarcoasting before, it's nothing compared to now. One minute I can't wait to be home, but the next the thought of saying goodbye to Switzerand and everything in it breaks my heart.

I love this place. I love the people I've met, I love the language I've learned, I just love Switzerland. I mean it wasn't always easy being here. There were some really hard times where I would have gladly hopped on a plane and jetted back home, but I stayed, because those were only moments. I have learned so much this year, about the world and about myself. I've had my eyes opened to good things and some things that I wish I could permanetly erase from my mind. I've laughed and I've cried. I made friends and lost others. Sometimes this year felt like it would never end and sometimes (like now) It feels like it was a blink of an eye.

The goodbyes looming before me are overwhelming, so I try not to think about it too much. Honestly though it just doesn't seem real, I mean this has been my life, It's just so strange to think that it's going to be over. That I'm going to be back home... strange, but nice too.

Ugh. Goodbyes. After this year I think I'll have filed my quota for life.

4 comments:

stacy said...

i had a feeling it would be like that for you. kinda like all of the return missionaries i know. it will deffititly be an adjustment. i love you miss hailey and i can't wait to see your cute face.!

Merri said...

Oh my Darling...you have grown up so much, saying goodbye is so so hard, it might even feel like you are taking a step back when you get home, and I'm sure you will miss Switzerland and all your freedom. BUT reunions are oh so nice too! I love you!

Jody said...

Oh, so hard but so good! All those memories, good friends & gorgeous landscapes. And then the comforts of home, family & long time friends. We'll be happy to see you back. :)

Riley said...

We miss you sooo much! Goodbyes are not fun..I know. I'm excited to see you again and see how good your German is! Ha Ha!!! C u Soon!