Monday, June 20, 2011

The Life of a Fighter

When my friends Chris & Parker told me they were taking a boxing class I immediately invited myself. I've always wanted to take a boxing class & heck no was I going to miss this opportunity.

So we drove out to Apollo Gym in Chandler to get our fight on.

I thought I was going to die.

I haven't worked out in... well let's just say a long time. For this class it was literally just Chris, Parker, & I, plus the trainer. We jump roped, lifted, did squats, punched (of course), lunged, & a whole slew of other painful verbs. By the end of the hour my legs  felt like jello & my stomach was rolling.

We left & I felt oh-so sick. The boys felt great & stopped to buy themselves protein shakes while I waited on the verge of vomiting in the car. They decided I would feel better if I ate something, so we stopped at McDonald for a fruit cup. As I stood at the counter about to order, it was game over. I ran to the bathroom and barfed & barfed. Yeah, it was disgusting, but I felt so much better afterward! I went back out to the counter and ordered myself a parfait & a sprite.

Even though my stomach felt better, my muscles were sore for a week! Sigh. The life of a fighter is rough, trust me.

No comments: