Sunday, July 1, 2012

California knows how to party

At the beginning of March I took a trip down to see my bffl Bryce Botsford in Sacramento, you may remember him from here. This post is way late, but better late than never, right?  

Him and a few friends came and picked me up in San Fransisco where we saw this:


We drove up to Twin Peaks with every seat in the car filled (plus a spot in the trunk). It was incredible up there! You can see the whole city.

We also went down to the peer, stuffed ourselves with salt water taffy and checked out Alcatraz across the water. Plenty of jokes were made about throwing someone in, but somehow we all managed to stay dry!

Then we made the 2 hour drive down to Sacramento and had steaks at Bryce's house. His mom cooked so good the whole time I was there, it's a miracle I didn't gain ten pounds!

One of my finest moments on the trip was me taking a dive off of Bryce's trampoline straight into a pile of dog poop. And if you were wondering his entire family was outside to witness the whole embarrassing event. So.... winning. 

I snuck into his college classes with him, which was fun! I went to math and to stretch (like yoga) and got called out by the teacher, not because I wasn't a student, but because I wasn't doing the warm up right!

I learned what ghost ride the whip is, and don't try it. Bryce made it look super easy, but I almost killed myself when I tried it back home.

We went to downtown Sacramento, ate more salt water taffy, and saw the capital!



I had a great time getting to know Bryce's friends and family, seeing where he comes from and what he's up to these days.

But the best part was just getting to see my best friend! Love you Bryce, I'm so glad we're still friends! 


No comments: