Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nourish It

I was trying to be a really good visiting teacher.

For those of you who don't know what that is, visiting teaching just means that once a month you visit two girls you go to church with (that you're assigned to) and teach them a little lesson. It's also nice when you see how they're doing every once and a while and bring them treats. Everyone loves treats.

Well the girls I visit teach with my roommate Joanne, don't seem so interested in meeting us. They never come out anytime I go by, so I thought I'd leave them something. One of these:


Notice the note attached. 

I wrote a scripture on the card (Book of Mormon, Alma 32:28) which compares faith to planting a seed.

Then on the back I wrote "Plant your seed, nourish it, and it will grow!" 
Except this is what happened:


Somehow it turned into something that would probably be really offensive to Rachael and Katie. 
I'm Honestly not sure how I did that, got carried away with my cursive I suppose!

Anyway I tried again:


Notice that really good space between nourish and it.
That's how you write people!

I took it by their apartment and (of course) they didn't come out, but I left it for them all the same and hope they enjoy the flowers.
And my really nice note that contains no profanity!

2 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hahaha!! What a good visiting teacher you are ;)

Miss Merri said...

hahahah!